Home » , » Difficulties in learning English

Difficulties in learning English

      Most of second-language students meet different difficulties in learning English. Some students have difficulties in listening comprehension, while others are in troubles with reading comprehension. I am also one of those learners who have difficulties in learning English. In view of my fact, there are three common things that make me difficult in learning English.

                    First is the pronunciation of words. English pronunciation is completely different from my mother tongue. It has homophones, different locations of stress, and so on. Every time i pronounce a word, everyone laughs at me. I feel excruciatingly embarrassed about my poor English speaking. Moreover, when I establish communication with native speakers or with foreigners, I find it hard to pronounce words correctly and clearly enough to make them understand. I see that they ate running into difficulties with my poor pronunciation.

For another thing, vocabulary does also matter to me. The English language has thousands of vocabularies that need to be learned carefully. Each vocabulary has a lot of metaphorical meanings, and expression that confuse me the most. Additionally, idioms and phrasal verbs are another area that I find fiendishly complicated. For example, the idiom ‘put the cart before the horse’ means do something in the wrong order’. This is completely different from what I had guessed. Lastly, English has more synonyms than any other language in the world. Although they are nearly exactly the same in meaning, they are used differently. This make me hesitate to choose the appropriate words in the real-life situation.

Finally, grammar is another aspect that make me incredibly difficult to learn, too. English grammar has a lot of exceptional cause of I can’t remember vividly. Also it has a variety of structures and rules. What more and what even worse, it is the tense that is a source with my learning English. In the art of essay writing I can’t generator a sentence grammatically. This is because of my poor using of English tenes.

All thing considered, English is really hard to learn due to pronunciation and vocabulary. In addition to such difficult areas, o also discover that grammar is the thorniest problem that come up with my English. Although English is really difficult for learner, I wound recommend that you go on learning it. Don’t abandon it. It will get surprisingly easy if you have strong commitment and practice hard regularly. More importantly, ask for immediate help from your teachers of English or from those who are highly knowledgeable about English if necessary. 
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Free Free Free For You are Visite Khmer videos General, Thank you